The key objectives and expected achievements of MSG-SAS-178 are:
• Develop an action plan for NATO to identify solution across the DOTMLPFI spectrum to allow NATO to better support decision making.
• Identify what new activities other than training are taking place and need M&S support
• Identify use cases for the use of M&S in support of NATO these activities
• Build a catalogue of national/industry assets that can be used to address the new requirements
• Investigate the mechanisms necessary for nations to share their M&S capabilities.
This first meeting will be organized at the NATO STO/CSO facilities in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
The main purpose will be to review the proposed research and to determine the Programme of Work (POW). An updated agenda will be sent out two weeks prior to the meeting, but in general the days will be scheduled as follows:
• The first day – review the TAP and share each nation’s goal and ambition with their participation in the study.
• The second day – refine the Technical Activity Proposal and develop the Programme of Work.
Nations/organizations willing to join this activity are HQ SACT, BGR, CAN, DEU, HRV, NLD, POL, TUR, USA, JFTC, M&S CoE, CZE, GBR, and SWE. The activity is Open to citizens of NATO Nations and Australia, Sweden, and Finland.